Supply Chain Management
The supply chain is a crucial part of any business’ success. Optimizing the flow of products and services as they are planned, sourced, made, delivered, and returned can give your business an extra competitive edge.
This two-day course will introduce you to the basic concepts of supply chain management, including the basic flow, core models, supply chain drivers, key metrics, benchmarking techniques, and ideas for taking your supply chain to the next level.
What Will Students Learn?
- Define supply chain management and logistics
- Explain the vertical and virtual integration models
- Understand the stages in the basic supply chain flow
- Identify participants in the supply chain
- Recognize supply chain drivers and ways to optimize them
- Align supply chain strategy with business strategy
- Determine what metrics to track and how to benchmark the related data
- Troubleshoot basic supply chain problems
- Identify ways to develop your supply chain, such as using third-party logistics providers, insourcing processes, developing sustainable and eco-friendly strategies, leveraging process improvement strategies, and adopting new techniques
What Topics are Covered?
- Getting Started
- The Evolution of the Supply Chain
- The Basic Supply Chain Structure
- Supply Chain Drivers
- Aligning Your Supply Chain with Business Strategy
- Managing Supply Chain Risks
- Tracking and Evaluating Supply Chain Data
- Troubleshooting Supply Chain Problems
- Sharing Supply Chain Activities
- Sustainable Supply Chain Strategies
- Applying Lean Techniques to the Supply Chain
- The Future of Supply Chain Management
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion